Elm Sustainbaility Partners LLC has been tracking the 2016 SEC conflict minerals reports. Read more on their findings below.
We have been tracking the SEC conflict minerals reports since they began rolling in. Among the things we are looking at is who is filing an Independent Private Sector Audit (IPSA) for the 2015 reporting year. We are aware of 13 to be conducted, but it seems we are on pace to end with several more.
As of evening May 31, we counted a total 1,179** Form SD submittals and nineteen IPSAs:
- Smith & Nephew
- Strattec Security
- Himax Technologies
- China Mobile Ltd (although they did not classify any product(s) as DRC Conflict Free)
- Kemet Corporation
- Canon Inc. (although they did not classify any product(s) as DRC Conflict Free)
- Signet Jewelers Ltd
- AVX Corporation
- SMART Technologies, Inc.
- M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Koninklijke Philips N.V (Philips) (although they did not classify any product(s) as DRC Conflict Free)
- Arrow Electronics, Inc.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
- The Eastern Company
For those wondering about the number of Attestations v. Performance Audits:
- Attestations – 12 (KPMG – 6; Ernst – 2; Crowe Horwath – 2; Sikich LLP – 1; Fiorella, Melone & LaSaracina – 1)
- Performance Audits – 7 (RCS Global – 3; Elm Sustainability Partners 2*; Doug Hileman Consulting – 1; SGS – 1)
We hope this list is complete, however there may be omissions. If you are aware of an IPSA we missed, please let us know.
* In reality, we conducted a third IPSA which was not submitted with the client’s Conflict Minerals Report because new information altered the company’s original product determination.
**As of June 2, 1,201 companies have filed conflict minerals reports with the SEC.
Click here to read the original post.