Enough’s 5 Recommended Reads i
s a biweekly series featuring important stories you may have missed.
- “Testimony of Brad Brooks-Rubin: The Questionable Case for Easing Sudan Sanctions” (Testimony)
On April 27, Enough’s Policy Brad Brooks-Rubin testified before the U.S. Congress’ House Foreign Affairs Africa Subcommittee hearing on “The Questionable Case for Easing Sudan Sanctions.”
- “New Policy Approach to Sudan” (Brief)
This policy brief for Enough’s latest report, “Sudan’s Deep State: How Insiders Violently Privatized Sudan’s Wealth, and How to Respond,” explains that to build the necessary leverage for a revitalized peace process and constitutional convention, Sudan’s violent kleptocracy must be confronted directly through financial pressure.
- “MSNBC Hardball Feature on ‘The Promise’” (Video)
Watch Enough Project’s Founding Director, John Prendergast on MSNBC’s Hardball, discussing the new film The Promise with Christian Bale and Oscar Isaac.
- “The Center Does Not Hold in Kasai” (Blog)
This second installment of a two-part blog series based on field reporting analyzes the dynamics of recent conflict in Congo’s Kasai region and its links to the overall political crisis in Congo.
- “Tell Congress: Introduce Legislation That Takes A Modernized Approach to Sudan” (Action)
Take action now and tell your member of Congress to support the creation of bipartisan legislation that includes the use of modernized sanctions.