The Enough Project’s Student Upstander program is designed to develop a network of committed student activists on campuses across the country to draw on the power of student leadership to support peace in East and Central Africa.
APPLY FOR THE 2018-2019 ACADEMIC YEAR USING THE FORM BELOW.
As an Enough Student Upstander (SUP), you will have a variety of campaigns and issues to work on throughout the year in order to gain experience in this field, execute a plan tailored to your campus, and take action to support peace in East and Central Africa. Student Upstanders learn from policy experts on topics like the political economy of conflict, the nature of violent kleptocracies, the nexus of conflict and corruption, and how illicit financial flows fund violence instability. Students are provided resources and trainings emphasised on engaging with their local congressional representatives and their staff.
Students are provided with the tools to learn about and lead activities such as:
- Influencing legislative work and forming relationships with congressional offices in your district
- Passing a conflict-free resolution on your campus or in your city as part of the Conflict-Free Campus Initiative (CFCI)
- Hosting screenings of films provided by the Enough Project
- Building an on-campus network of students and faculty
- Participating in virtual educational sessions with policy experts
- Organizing trainings
- Attending the Lemkin Summit to End Genocide and Mass Atrocities, in Washington D.C.
- On average, up to 5 hours per week during the school year for regular activities
- 1 hour per month for monthly training calls
- 90 minutes per semester for progress updates
Each Student Upstander is issued a $500 annual stipend and has access to funding for events and travel.
How to Apply
If you are a undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at an accredited institution in the U.S. and would like to become a Student Upstander, APPLY BELOW. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, however priority will be given to students who apply before Monday, August 13th, 2018.
Please contact Marissa Sandgren at email@example.com with any questions.