Canadian actor Ryan Gosling (LaLa Land, The Notebook, Half Nelson, Blue Valentine) and Enough Founding Director John Prendergast have a long history of working and traveling together in Africa. Gosling and Prendergast traveled to northern Uganda in 2008 and eastern Congo in 2010. After the trips, the two took their message in support of peace and human rights to the U.S. Congress, to the United Nations, and to various media outlets. Beyond those trips, Gosling was a judge for Enough’s “Come Clean for Congo” YouTube contest and was featured as a speaker at the 4th Annual Campus Progress Conference in 2008. Along with Prendergast, Gosling appeared on ABC’s “Be Seen, Be Heard” broadcast in March 2007. Ryan has also contributed his personal story to the book The Enough Moment, co-authored by Don Cheadle and John Prendergast.
In 2016, Ryan co-hosted an Omaze fundraising contest with Harrison Ford to benefit the Enough Project and The Sentry.
Ryan Gosling and Enough, in the news and more:
- Congo’s Conflict Minerals: The Next Blood Diamonds, Huffington Post written by Ryan Gosling and John Prendergast
- Ryan Gosling’s entry in The Enough Moment
- “At War in the Fields of the Lord”, ABC News, March 1, 2007
- “Jimmy Kimmel Live”, ABC, December 2010
- “Be Seen, Be Heard”, ABC, March 2007