Research Assistant, The Sentry
Position: Research Assistant, The Sentry
Location: Washington D.C.
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Sentry Managing Director
Under the direction of The Sentry’s Managing Director, the Research Assistant will be tasked with performing research in support of Sentry investigations, publications, events, and meetings. The Research Assistant will also coordinate components of operations work in support of the Sentry team, from travel management to preparation for team meetings.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Sentry Research Support (60%)
- Research laws, regulations, and policies of countries and materials from organizations of investigative and policy interest
- Monitor news, NGO reporting, major publications and circulate material of interest
- Research, distill, and analyze raw data sets; extract high-value information
- Summarize and translate complex information into meaningful and informative formats, i.e. link and data charts, maps, tables, PowerPoint
- Track team deliverables, timelines and actions required
- Support and coordinate contracts administration and tracking.
- Troubleshoot business process challenges and coordinate solutions with Operations Director.
- Support and coordinate internal communications, including setting up and prepping meetings and remote telecommunications.
Travel logistics and field support (15%)
- Support telecommunications with field staff.
- Support and coordinate travel processes.
Organization development (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to track team deliverables, timelines and actions required.
- Knowledge of (or ability to master) advanced research tools and methods.
- Ability to summarize and visualize complex information into meaningful and informative formats, i.e. link and data charts, maps, tables, PowerPoint.
- Experience in researching, distilling, and analyzing raw data sets and extracting high-value information.
- Fluent French and/or Arabic reading and writing ability preferred.
- Superb organizational skills, including the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Initiative to add value through alignment and shared understanding.
- Adept team player with good interpersonal skills.
- A high level of personal energy, dependability, and commitment.
- Ability to keep calm and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to Enough’s missions and goals.
- Experience working internationally and/or in Africa a plus.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Enough Project is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply, please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.