Finance Coordinator, Grants [part-time], The Sentry
Position: Finance Coordinator, Grants
Reports to: Operations Director
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the management of The Sentry’s grant funding. The Finance Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure compliance with funder requirements as outlined in each grant agreement. The Finance Coordinator will coordinate the allocation of Sentry budget line items and expenses to grants and to general funding in coordination with project finance, development, and operations staff. This position will oversee that grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization. Additionally, the Finance Coordinator will assist the Senior Development Officer and finance team with reporting on grants and will provide support in the pursuit of additional funding.
- Maintain a detailed record of grants and corresponding allocated budget line items and expenses.
- Support the timely submission of grant proposals, agreements and reports, and other documents in coordination with project finance, development, and operations staff.
- Partner with the Operations Director and Managing Director in designing budgets and allocations to ensure compliance with grant budgets.
- Ensure appropriate recorded spend-down for all grants.
- Maintain knowledge of budget allocations and monthly financials to assist with finance and administrative processes, deadlines, and audits.
- A minimum of five years of experience managing grants and coordinating financial reporting and budget allocation.
- Experience with accounting, including financial reporting.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent eye for detail while also maintaining the larger picture and context of the work.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interface with diverse key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, analytical, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word, G-Suite, and online databases.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Finance Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
The Sentry is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The Sentry’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.